Thursday, March 02, 2006

Uncle Doug 3/1/06

Today's CD: Favorite Hymns: Gaither Gospel Series I was tired much of the day. I've been on the Aricept for a week now. Maybe it's kicked in and causing drowsiness. I perked up at lunch with my co-workers as we discussed current events or whatever came to mind. I called my uncle at a nursing home in Ohio today. He has Alzheimer's. He's a WW II veteran and a great guy. He sounded perplexed and I wasn't really sure that he remembered me but he said he did. He appeared to get his relationships to his family members confused. But I'm glad I called him and told him I cared about him. At the end of the conversation he said, "I remember you, Gordie." Because he had spontaneously remembered my family given nickname, I realized that he indeed knew who he was talking to.

No comments: