Saturday, March 04, 2006

3/4/06 In Washington, DC 3/4/06 Thru 3/9/06

I am leaving for Washington, DC in a couple of hours. I will be meeting with our Florida senators and representatives working on behalf of the working people of America. I work to garner their support of legislation on issues important to those of us not in the top 1% tax cut percentile--like us folks who have to go to work everyday. My union sends me every year and I take this job on with fervor and with much thought and prayer because it's our elected officials who decides matters of importance to us. Did you know that in the state of Florida, the employer with the largest percentage of employees receiving state aid is Wal-Mart? The cost of their health care is so expensive that it's prohibitive so they are on Medicaid. This is shameful in the United States of America. Gordon

No comments: