Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday 2/27/06 Worries and Frustrations

This morning's CD: Alleluia Sing/Coventry Cathedral I had a nice day at work; helped several clients and felt relaxed and peaceful most of the day. The only exception was when I took my afternoon break. I started having negative thoughts and worrying about what the future may bring. I asked myself,"will I have to go to an assisted living facility or nursing home at some point in the future?" and, "I wonder how long I'll be able to work? What do I do if I can't function at work and have to leave my job? How will I pay my bills until social security kicks in? Will medicare or medicaid help me?" And so it went. It's not like our current administration or elected officials in DC are serious about solving our insurance,health care and medicare problems. I have endured much frustration dealing with my insurance company. The medical benefits outlined in my benefits book are sometimes paid and sometimes not. The rules seem to change frequently not yearly as has always been the case in the past. Due to the moral deficit of our current administration, I think maybe our medical care is being skewed to favor the medical corporate lobbyists. Unfortunately, some good folks end up dead as a result for the contempt for human life by our current president and his administration. But a little later and after talking with a friend, I was through worrying about these things, finished my tasks at work and had a nice drive home. Gordon

No comments: