Tuesday, February 28, 2006

2/28/06 Gordon's Journey Mission Statement and Today's Journal Entry

Today's CD: Luminesence/Salvation Army Regent Hall Band,Oxford Circle,London The purpose of my blog is to express through journaling, my thoughts and feelings as I deal with Alzheimer's disease and face the multiple issues that go with this diagnosis. It is an expression of my thoughts and feelings on that particular day and whatever challenging experience or issue faced and how I deal with it. Please share with a friend,spouse,family member,partner or health care worker dealing with Alzheimer's Disease. Feel free to share with health care workers working with Alzheimer's clients. Please note that this blog is non-partisan. However, it is impossible to separate health care issues from politics. I support candidates and legislation that cares about humanity, who promote policies consistent with how a civil society treats it's citizens. I believe that a civil society is a democracy which supports people of all racial, ethnic,sexual and economic status. Therefore when dealing with horrible diseases like AIDS, Spinal Cord injuries, Alzheimers, ALS, etc, I support candidates who support embryonic stem cell research and not destroying those precious cells. I support candidates who do not give tax cuts to the richest 1% of our population, but rather have an equitable tax system which gives everyone an equal tax break and provides enough federal revenue to provide health care to all Americans.

1 comment:

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Gordon, thank you so much for your courageous witness and commitment. You are truly an Ash Wednesday inspiration ...