Sunday, June 15, 2008

Alzheimer's Update

On the first of May, my neurologist discontinued the Aricept and started me on the newest drug: the Exelon Patch.  Unlike the Aricept, I don't have side effects and can take the maximum dosage whereas with the Aricept I could only take the lowest dose due to the awful side effects.
I'm being considered for a research trial and will know more when I see my doctor and research team in August.
I had quite a scare this morning.  I woke up feeling dizzy, nauseated and terribly weak.  I went back to bed, slept a couple of hours and got back up and was no better. Larry wanted to take me to the ER and I refused.  After several more hours I gradually feelt better and was wondering what had caused it.
Then it hit me.  We went to Integrity's pot luck dinner last night and I had a glass of wonderful Sangria which my pal Bruce from St. Mark's had made.  I forgot about the patch!  I will never have a glass of wine again when on any medication that effects the brain. Dumb!

No comments: