Saturday, June 14, 2008

2008 West Palm Beach Alzheimer's Conference

On June 5th and 6th, Alzheimer's Community Care had their annual conference.  It was a great event and has become so popular nationally through the year that Dr. Todd, our keynote speaker from the Broward Neurological and Memory Center announced that it is the largest Alzheimer's event in the U.S.
The speaker were great, the people we met and got to talk were wonderful.  Sometimes Larry and me went to breakaway sessions together, other times we split up and went to sessions we had individual interests in. It was great to see my neurologist and give my nurse care manager Jo Ellen a hug. She's such a wonderful person and I could kick myself for not asking Larry to take a picture of us together.
We both attended both research presentations on the two days and learned alot. One thing we learned that was breath taking is that it looks like the vaccine will be out in five years or less.
The picture about is one I took of Larry on a break. We were outside on the upper terrace of the West Palm Beach Convention Center looking over to the Kravis Center of the Performing Arts in beautiful West Palm.

No comments: