Saturday, January 20, 2007

Elections,Thanksgiving,Christmas & Other Stuff Part I

It's been several months since I've posted. I just didn't feel like it. This morning I woke up at 4:30 feeling extremely anxious, I had butterflies in my stomach and felt ready to throw up. I put the decaf coffee on and tried to watch TV. The nausea got worse and then I threw up. I attribute this to medication side effects as my meds have been changed around in the past couple of weeks. In addition, I've been having dizzy spells 5 or 6 times a day for a week now. I've walked into things a few times over the course of a year. But this week I've been walking into walls, the patio sliding glass door, the TV set, just about everything. What is going on? Who knows. If I'm still like this Monday, I'll call my Primary Care or Neurologist. But for now, I'm going to try a diversion and write in my blog. The Elections I donned my red, white and blue Dr. Seuss hat and hit the streets. It was obvious to most Americans that the Bush administration and the GOP House and Senate were not listening to the American people. While corporate America was doing well economically and the Bush administration created more jobs in history (the jobs are in China, but Bush forgot to mention that part), Ameicans were suffering. The largest number of uninsured Americans in history, employers paying less insurance coverage, the stealing of millions of dollars from FEMA during the Hurricane Katrina disaster, the huge property taxes and home owner's insurance rates left thousand of Floridians in foreclosure and for the first time in our historoy, more people leaving Florida than moving in simply because it's too expensive to live here. The working class were being squeezed as Wal Mart laughed all the way to the bank. The fact that most of their employees depend on public aide and food stamps to survive is besides the point to Bushies. Bush kept telling America that the war is going great, that democracy has come to Iraq. But he forgot to mention that the democracy is hidden behind a very secure wall called the Green Zone. They've even got running water and electricy in there. In Florida, the sleaziest of the sleaze of corporate cheerleaders was Rep. Clay Shaw who was very vocal about opposing worker's rights and unions. Thankfully, we were able to remove him from office. But make no mistake. This election was about the war. Americans were being lied to on a daily basis by Bush who remained strong in his stubborness and arrogance. His GOP cheerleaders continued the mantra that the war is going great and that democracy is on the march. They totally ignored reality. What Americans saw was a bloody civil war with our troops as the targets caught in the middle of this Bush dream of buidling a strong American presence in the middle east, dreams of military bases in Iraq and control of all that oil. But Americans were asking, "Is it worth it? This isn't what we went to war for." Anyway, the elections are over and everybody has their fingers crossed that the bloodshed to Americans will be at a minimum and a solution to a graceful way out of Bush's War will be obtained. Speaking of Bush's War, last Friday at the "No More Troops" rally in downtown Lake Worth, a reporter from the Sun Sentinel interviewed me. Here is a link to the article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-pantiwar13jan13,0,6759841,print.story?coll=sfla-news-palm THANKSGIVING This holiday season was a lot of fun. Cousin Kevin came from Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with us. We did some sight seeing, ate out and stayed up late at night. There was a lot of burning CD's and transferring of music to Ipods and MP3 players. We had a great Thanksgiving Day at the Duke's house: A lot of food, great conversation and fun.

No comments: