Friday, March 31, 2006

I Hate Blue Cross Blue Shield!

This morning's CD: "Music of Light" Thomas Kincaide Picture: 31 December, 2005 Ringing in the New Year at Margo's House, Lake Worth, FL To my readers I want to apologize for no new postings in several days. I just haven't felt up to it. I've been extremely busy at work and under much pressure. I've been feeling really tired this week. Some of my readers have expressed an inability to post comments on the blog. I don't know what the problem is. The blue link to click to respond to a post with a comment SHOULD be active and I can't figure out what the problem is. I set up the blog to accept comments. The clerical people at Blue Cross Blue Shield continue in their assertion that it's acceptable to practice medicine without a license. When my neurologist increased my medication dosage and I went to pick it up at CVS last Tuesday, Eddie, my wonderful pharmacist broke the news that BC/BS put a "Authorization and Override Needed" on the prescription. So CVS and my neurologist's office have been bantering back and forth since then. It's been so crazy at work I haven't had the chance to call BC/BS myself or the insurance commissioner's office. I'm going to try to do this today and also call Senator Nelson's office to let them know what is going on. Senator Nelson is a great guy and is involved in the insurance company and Medicare fiasco. Meanwhile, I still want to make plans to go to the Texas Medical Center. When to do it is the problem. I have friends coming from Texas in May, the Episcopal General Conference in June, another friend coming from Texas in July. I can try to work around those dates or maybe go in April but St. Mark's Shrimp Boil and Corn Roast and my union picnic at the beach in Jupiter both happen toward the end of the month and we have plans for Easter with friends. I will get this together soon. Of course another consideration is hurricane season which heats up in July and August. There are pros and cons to being out of Florida during the peak of hurricane season. Anyway, that's all for today. Gordon

No comments: