Monday, March 27, 2006

Friends and Weather

This Morning's CD: Night at the Theater: From London's West End favorite musicals. Yesterday morning was cold and crisp and in the high 40's when I got up. But as usual with Florida cold snaps, it was soon in the 70's. We didn't get to church today as this was the annual gay pride parade and festival. We met friends for breakfast and then on to the parade. Larry and me couldn't believe I ate everything for breakfast. For me, Aricept seems to be an appetite suppressant and haven't been able to eat a full meal. Not yesterday! The time in the park was great. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was fun listening to the music, visiting and taking a break just sitting on the sea wall and watching the boats on the intercoastal waterway. I felt really relaxed and we had a great time. I'm off work today and just hanging out on the patio and enjoying Florida weather. When the thought that hurricane season is 3 months away creeps into my mind, I try to push it away. I don't want to think about it now. On the other hand, the best way to relieve one's hurricane anxieties is to begin to take the action steps to prepare...but not today. Gordon

No comments: