Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Recent Alzheimer's Setback

I couldn't go to work yesterday. I woke up feeling weak, lightheaded and dizzy. Later, I started feeling extremely nauseated. I had a similar event about two weeks ago. It lasted for 6-8 hours and then I was fine.
This time, Larry called my neurologist and left a message. The doctor called back in about 10 minutes and told me to stop the Exelon patch for and make an appointment to see him in two weeks.
Since I have to be on my alzheimer's medication for 3 months in order to be considered for a clinical trial, I am disappointed. I don't know if the doctor will change the dosage, change the medication or what. I just hope it doesn't affect my ability to get into the research program.
Heck, for all I know it might not even be the Exelon that is causing the problem.
Gordon

No comments: