Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Men's Spring Conference

In April I attended the wonderful men's conference at PGA Resort. The only reason I found out about it is because I was in the social work office at the hospital looking for CEU conferences.
It was called "A HEALTHY SPIRIT: Healing the Bodies and Minds of Men."
The conference was a great benefit to me as it helped me further my skills with counselling those suffering from the agony of addictions and the multitude of problems and havoc the addiction cycle creates in their daily journey. It also was a help to learn more ways to deal with stress and increase my own ability to focus, reduce stress and increase mindfulness. I learned a lot of new things about male trauma.
Anyway, it was a wonderful conference and will help me in my job.
My favorite speakers were Andrew Weil , M.D. (Top) and the great writer and poet, Robert Bly who wrote Iron John.

No comments: